Type: Education Assistant, Productivity
Speakable is a language learning platform that offers speaking practice in over 180 languages. It provides tools for teachers to create and assign speaking assessments, estimate student language levels, and more.
💬 Use Cases
- Language Learning Students can practice speaking in over 180 languages using the global database of sets created by language teachers or create their own sets.
- Speaking Assessments Teachers can create and assign prompt response speaking assessments to evaluate students’ speaking skills.
- Level Estimation The platform can estimate students’ language levels, such as WIDA or ACTFL, based on their speaking assessments.
- Voice Recording Teachers can record their voice for students, allowing them to listen to words in speaking assignments or enhance assignments with their own recordings.
- Text-to-Speech Technology The platform utilizes text-to-speech technology to enable students to listen to words in speaking assignments.
- Integration with Google Classroom Teachers can import the appropriate sections from their Google Classroom to seamlessly integrate Speakable into their existing workflow.
- Comprehensive Language Support Speakable offers speaking practice in over 180 languages, catering to a wide range of learners.
- Assessment Tools Teachers can create and assign prompt response speaking assessments to evaluate students’ speaking proficiency.
- Level Estimation The platform can estimate students’ language levels, providing valuable insights for teachers to track progress and tailor instruction.
- Voice Recording Teachers can record their voice, allowing students to listen to spoken words and improve pronunciation.
- Text-to-Speech Technology Speakable utilizes text-to-speech technology to enhance speaking assignments and provide auditory support for learners.
- Integration with Google Classroom Teachers can seamlessly import sections from their Google Classroom, streamlining the process of incorporating Speakable into their teaching practice.
- Customization Students and teachers can create their own sets and assignments, tailoring the learning experience to their specific needs.