Windows 11 is introducing several AI-powered features and tools to enhance productivity for both developers and users. These include Windows Copilot, Bing Chat integration, a new Hybrid AI loop, Dev Home for developers, and AI features in the Microsoft Store. The goal is to empower developers to leverage AI capabilities, optimize models for different hardware targets, and collaborate with partners to create innovative AI experiences.
- Windows Copilot: Users can easily take action and get tasks done with centralized AI assistance, such as copy/paste, summarizing content, and finding information.
- Bing Chat integration: Developers can integrate their apps within Windows Copilot, enhancing AI capabilities and increasing engagement on native Windows applications.
- Hybrid AI loop: Supports AI development across platforms and Azure, with new silicon support from AMD, Intel, Nvidia, and Qualcomm. Allows developers to run AI models on various devices and choose between local or cloud inferencing.
- Dev Home: A new productivity companion for developers on Windows 11, providing features like streamlined workflow, unattended dev machine setup using WinGet configuration, enhanced filesystem performance with Dev Drive, and a customizable dashboard to track tasks and workflows.
- AI features in the Microsoft Store: Windows 11 introduces new AI experiences in the Microsoft Store, allowing developers to deliver AI-powered apps and services to users.
- Windows Copilot: 🤖 Provides centralized AI assistance for users, accessible via a taskbar button. Offers a consistent side bar across apps, programs, and windows, enabling users to take actions, customize settings, and connect across favorite apps.
- Bing Chat integration: 💬 Allows developers to integrate their apps within Windows Copilot, leveraging augmented AI capabilities and reaching shared customers.
- Hybrid AI loop: ⚙️ Supports AI development across platforms, from Azure to client devices, with new silicon support from major companies like AMD, Intel, Nvidia, and Qualcomm. Offers flexibility in choosing local or cloud inferencing.
- Dev Home: 🏠 A new experience for developers on Windows 11, featuring WinGet configuration for easy setup, Dev Drive for enhanced filesystem performance, and a customizable dashboard to track workflows and tasks. Enables easy connection to GitHub and coding environments in the cloud.
- AI features in the Microsoft Store: 🛍️ Introduces new AI experiences in the Microsoft Store, providing developers with opportunities to deliver AI-powered apps and services to users.
- GitHub Copilot integration with Windows Terminal: 🚀 Users of GitHub Copilot can utilize natural language AI in the Terminal application to recommend commands, explain errors, and perform actions. Experimentation with Copilot-powered AI in other developer tools is also taking place.
- Improvements to the Taskbar: 📌 Ungroups instances of each app, adds the option to hide the Time and Date, and enables quick app shutdown with a right-click.